Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dedicated to Colin, a great friend and musician

nothing comes from empty thoughts
food offers no comfort

tears give only more confusion

Music, only Music, heals.


note by note, sad chords,

serene melodies, and sweet sounds

offer the only solace

comparable to the embrace of loving arms.


a cold numbness surrounds me,

fatigue and fragility,

unstable thoughts and tears.


tears that come and go,

gripping my heart with unrelenting grief,
but I can find no solace, no relief.


empty words on paper will fade in time,

harsh light and unbearable darkness,

nothing can help except for the sweet sounds.


lovely violins and calm baby grands,

smooth six-strings and angelic harps,

melancholy horns and mourning woodwinds,

within them I am lost, forgetting,

forgetting everything and remembering nothing,

nothing except for the sweet sounds

calming the tides of pain and grief

and bringing me peace,

like a pair of loving arms,
wrapped tightly and protectively

around me, surrounding me

in love and comfort.


sweet Music, play, play for me,

help me forget and remember,

play for me, play,

play, sweet Music, play.


~~~ written March 28th, 2009, in memory of Colin Green

No comments: