Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lifetime of Love (sestina)

In your eyes and arms I always feel loved.
We may seldom each lose tempers sometime,
But above all, you let me live and laugh
Through moments when my heart would surely break.
Do I think, believe, know I love you? Yes.
I swear I will, always and forever.

Always have we been friends, on forever;
I hope you feel more loved than I feel. Loved?
As always, so confident, you say yes;
But how can I be sure? You're not sometime...
Is your heart full of love about to break?
How am I to tell if you always laugh?

O I love your eyes and smile when you laugh,
Please never stop, smile and laugh forever;
The stiff oppressive silences you break
With the ringing music I always loved
Since friends only were we ... Propose sometime?
So I, in your arms and eyes, may say yes?

Oh how I have oft dreamed of saying yes...
But for the moment I can't dream or laugh,
For we need to be serious sometime,
If we want to be as one forever,
So that we can make each other feel loved.
In love, we cannot then the silence break.

When anew we as one, morning will break,
My dreams fulfilled: to you I have said yes,
Vowed and promised you will always be loved.
Our tears cascade, trickle, come from the laugh,
The laugh echoes in our hearts forever...
Reason says we might forget it sometime,

For we both know that love too fades sometime.
Together through this fading we will break,
We vowed and promised our love forever,
Remember a wedding? We promised yes,
Sealed it night and morning break with a laugh,
Promised to make one another feel loved.

Seasoned, sometimes we forget we said yes,
But you must break the lull of old age - laugh
For I'll forever let you know you're loved.

No comments: