Saturday, May 28, 2011

Midnight Fight and Morning Run

Gusts of wind whipping ebony curls against my face;
my legs, moving faster than I ordered them to, whipping the pavement into submission;
tears forgotten, are they still falling? drip drop dripping, streaming, escaping against my will;
hiding, escaping, crouching, entombing myself in the darkness -
words forgotten - as I escape the now and try to reach that time:
that time which belongs only to us.
the darkness fades into light as the sun rises on a new day;
a new day bringing it's own heat to warm the ice in my chest
as I run farther and faster, making an attempt at forgetting and trying to forgive,
hoping for resolution, needing a resolution, begging for some resolution
to this never-ending struggle, this repetitious struggle...
will it ever end? How will it end? and if so.... do I want it to?

No comments: